Every aspect of school contributes to the personal and social development of young people. The context in which children learn is diverse and complex. At Parkgate Primary School we seek to remain sensitive to each child’s needs, to recognise each child’s attainments and contributions and to value each ones’ personal perspective. Everyone is special and unique.
STATEMENT of AIMS
At Parkgate Primary School we aim:
- for children to be happy, safe and secure within in their school environment;
- for children to enjoy their learning experiences and to achieve their potential;
- to provide high quality learning experiences that equip children with the skills and attitudes to lead happy and useful lives in our rapidly changing society and world;
- to provide opportunities and encouragement for children to become responsible and self disciplined individuals;
- to help the children to acquire a thirst for knowledge and an enjoyment in learning that they will carry throughout life;
- to encourage our pupils to have and show respect for themselves, others and their community;
- to create an environment in which each member, child and adult feels valued;
- to continue to develop a working partnership between home and school and good relationships within the community;
- to provide a curriculum entitlement which matches the development of the whole child and the specific needs of each stage in that development.