English - Today our weather has turned from sun and rain to cloud... Watch the video below A Cloudy Lesson and a grown up will talk to you about it using the questions below:
Questions to ask:
- Pause the film before the title scene ‘A cloudy lesson’ where the house in the clouds is visible. • What is strange about this house?
- Pause the film before the old man blows through the ring. • Is this an old or young man? How do we know? • What might their relationship be? • What do you think he is going to use this tool for?
- Pause the film after the old man blows the 1st cloud and gestures the boy to do the same. • Do you think that this is how clouds are actually made? • What is the old man saying to the boy? Finish off this sentence to describe what happened. With one little puff…
- Pause after the boy blows his little cloud. • His cloud is small – what other words do we know that we can say instead of small? • How do you think the little boy is feeling?
- Pause the film after the boy breaks the ring. • What has happened? • What do you think the old man will say to the boy?
- Pause the film after the boy has made the ring into a star shape. • What is the boy’s plan?
- Watch the film to the end. • Is this a happy or sad ending? • How do we know the characters are happy?
Maths - Complete today's lesson using the video and worksheet below.
Art/DT - Today I would like you to make a practical rainbow using something you have in or outside your house e.g. lego, blocks, coloured paper, leaves, flowers or something else that you think of.