Statement of intent
Parkgate Primary School believes that a strong PSHE education is important to help our pupils develop into well-rounded members of society, who can make a positive contribution to their community. Our PSHE curriculum is strongly tied to our RSE, relationships and health education.
The vision for pupils, staff and others linked to our school is to always look to achieve our personal best in every aspect of school life.
By the end of EYFS children will be able to:
By the end of KS1 children will be able to:
By the end of KS2 children will:
Collecting food for the Cheshire Food bank and Christmas and Singing to the public in various places.
-Workshop days in KS1
- Active Hands in KS2
- whole school curriculum topic days
Whole school 'Festivals’ and celebrations such as world book day, Down syndrome day, Yellow day- in aid of children’s liver disease, Eid day, Chinese new year and more.
- A whole school yearly trip to the Floral Pavillion to watch their Christmas Pantomime and to the Zoo in the summer.
- An extensive range of after school clubs to choose from including sports, science, arts and gardening activities.
- An active, recent and relevant learning scheme each term to focus on recent information and to engage the children towards making a difference.
We have lots of external ways for the children to learn music.
- Trips to the Museums of Liverpool, The Roman Experience, Chester Zoo, Churches in our local area, Exploring Parkgate Front, Ruthin Jail and more
- Assemblies with on -going themes such as Aspiration, Achievement, Anti-Bullying (inc. cyber bullying), E-Safety, Resilience and more.
- Sunflower competitions
- The children run their own school fair stalls, in particular Year 6 who run their own room to make money for their leavers celebrations
-Year 6 Disco, Halloween discos, Chocolate Bingo
- Pillow parties after school, Whole school quiz night, summer fair, Christmas fair
- Active Maths
-Year 6 music project with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic
- Cross country club
-Cricketing and other sporting competitions for Cheshire
-Ukulele, Violin, Piano, Tuba lesson and more
-Learning to play an instrument in every year group- Reception boom wackers, Year 1 Year 2 recorders Year 3 Ukulele, Year 4 Ukulele, Year 5 Guitar, Year 6 Samba
-Mad Science Club
- Crucial Crew for Year 6
- Strong links with our local secondary schools for Maths Booster lessons / Science workshops, Greater Depth days.
- Fundraising days - Children in Need, Yellow Day, Down Syndrome and more
- Whole school presentations -e.g films / raps / poems during each project – parents are invited to join in or to see there.
Visits from dangerous litter companies, our local police officer, our church leaders and more
- Collaboration with Cheshire West Council and Parkgate Society to make Parkgate a cleaner, safer place.
- A visit from a Poet to make poems and or parent Author who helps us to write.
- Breakfast Club and afterschool club